Another problem is that sometimes an application may fail to start-up because it happens to have a Preference File that has become damaged, or "corrupted". In such a case you will need to delete this file, after which the application will create a fresh Preference File and will run as it did before the problem occurred.
PrefsOverload was designed to resolve both problems. It can browse the Preferences Folder, allowing you to detect unnecessary preferences files, thanks to the information it gives you. Or it can display a list of probably unnecessary or damaged Preference Files, allowing you to delete them or to put them into the trash. Also PrefsOverload allows to search for specific Preference Files, by their type/creator or their creation/modification date and so on...
• Runs on Classic Mac OS and Mac OS X
• Accurate scanning, based on mother application, modification date and internal preferences database.
• Not only displays if a file is possibly unnecessary, but also displays a rating on the side.
• Finds damaged preference files
• VERY fast scanning
• Drag and drop integration with the Finder
• Scans for non-standard Preferences folder, so you can scan Preferences folders of all Mac OS versions installed on your computer and of all MacOS X users, logging in as root user.
• Full PDF help included
• AppleScript Support
This is legacy software and is not supported by Zik Software anymore, you can get it from our legacy downloads page.
Do you like what we do? Hire us to work on your own software project! Contact us now, tell us about your project, goals and ideas, ask for a free estimate.